How Broken is the Mental Health Delivery 

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » How Broken is the Mental Health Delivery

Name Message
yarzefirzi

Topic  How Broken is the Mental Health Delivery       Flag »  Reply »
Most psychotherapists agree that the mental health delivery system is broken. Where two or more psychotherapists are gathered together, complaints abound. While this article addresses the broken mechanics is the mental health delivery system, it does not even begin to address the mishandling of individual cases.

People, in general, and psychotherapists, in particular, are afraid to "buck the system." Fear masquerades in a variety of acting out, defensive behaviors, such as anger, denial, criticism, withdrawal and aggression.

This is especially true when discussing the managed care system. Most psychotherapists in the US have chosen to practice as in-network providers for the insurance companies. That means that the therapists have agreed to a discounted fee, in hopes of receiving more referrals, because they are in-network. It also means the therapist usually must have their services authorized prior to seeing the clients.

After all, our present mental health delivery system, which has been around since the early 1980s, has developed inbred power, not only in individuals but in the system itself. I can remember the anger of my clients 25 years ago, when the found their insurance company dictating the amount and kinds of service they could receive, but within five years, as a nation we accepted the managed care concept without a fight.

Therefore, I am challenging a very large, money-hungry system, established to feed on itself, but not adequately supply services that meet the needs of its members or the realistic needs of the health care providers.

So I challenge anyone to deny that our present mental health delivery system is fragile and broken. Here are eight reasons why;

Managed Care companies often outsource their customer service to India, Argentina or the Philippines, and benefits are quoted inaccurately by people struggling with basic language skills.
  Wednesday, November 18, 2020 at 10:57:10 AM
yarzefirzi

Reply  Re: How Broken is the Mental Health Delivery Flag »  Reply »
Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. NYC
  Wednesday, November 18, 2020 at 10:57:19 AM
adaleen616

Reply  Re: How Broken is the Mental Health Delivery Flag »  Reply »
aol mail
  Wednesday, November 18, 2020 at 11:15:23 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » How Broken is the Mental Health Delivery

» Reply to How Broken is the Mental Health Delivery Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.