Cellular Immunity Factor 

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Cellular Immunity Factor

Name Message
goldstone

Topic  Cellular Immunity Factor       Flag »  Reply »
Towards the beginning of the ActivGuard Bladder Control Review excerpt, the author discusses health as we age and states, "because the stakes are so high and the options so dizzying, we may stop engaging with our health altogether. We let doctors and insurance companies decide our care, and we focus our energies on what we can control - our bank accounts, our relationships, but not, alas, our health." He then goes on to explain that health is really determined a combined sum of our genetics and all of our actions, or in his words, "All of these inputs create one primary output unique to us alone: our health, for good or ill."Then the following sentence, which really got my attention is, "This means we have more control over our health than we might have thought." First I want to say that I certainly agree with the author's statements as I have encountered numerous people who stopped taking care of their health and others who believed it was just too much effort to live a healthy lifestyle. However, I have been immersed in health and fitness for so long that I sometimes forget that many people don't realize how much their daily actions really do affect their health and overall quality of life.In truth, I wanted to write about this because the thought that it is common for people to think their health is out of their control is very bothersome to me. For the vast majority of my life I have always taken the viewpoint that we have control over virtually every aspect of our health and fitness. While genetics and life experiences (accidents, injuries, etc.) certainly affect our situations, we almost always have the power to determine if our body improves or declines from its current state.For me this realization came early on in life when I was 7 and developed a bad hip infection that ate away the ball of my femur and left me with a fused hip. At that time I was told that I had to work really hard during rehab and keep up with my exercises if I wanted to avoid spending the rest of my life in a wheelchair. This was all the motivation I needed to work hard and as a result I regained the ability to walk and I was eventually able to participate in almost any activity I wanted. This experience showed me how much influence we really do have on our health and our future.It seems that some people, however, don't fully make the connections between their everyday actions and the way their body looks and feels. I believe that in some cases this is the result of not experiencing serious physical challenges or health related adversity while growing up. I say this because most people I meet, who experienced problems when they were younger, tend to have a higher level of body awareness and pay more attention to how their behaviors (nutrition, exercise, stretching, etc.) affect the way they feel.

Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 11:17:37 PM
rockboult

Reply  Franklin Addiction Treatment Flag »  Reply »

Asa client, I will let you know that I wouldn’t dream of going anywhere else…… Franklin Addiction Treatment

Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 5:49:16 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Cellular Immunity Factor

» Reply to Cellular Immunity Factor Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.