What to install UPS or a surge suppressor? 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Education » What to install UPS or a surge suppressor?

Name Message
amandajoseph

Topic  What to install UPS or a surge suppressor?       Flag »  Reply »

People usually getconfused between an uninterruptible power system (UPS) and a surge protector.Which one is better for your home? Surge protector manufacturers suggestthat both are necessary alone. One can provide complete protection forcommercial systems—the most effective installation is when you combine bothforms of power conditioning.

Surge protectors (orsuppressors) are devices that enable us to protect our appliances and give aline of defense against surges that are short-term high voltages above 110percent of nominal.  These surgeprotectors are always associated with They are often associated with utilityswitching and lightning strikes.

This power surgeprotector allows you to protect your appliances during the power surge as theycontrol the amount of voltages supply to your devices. But they will not keepyour equipment operational during a blackout, but destructive surges happenmuch more frequently than power outages. An adequately designed backup powersystem should always incorporate a cascaded method to applying for surgeprotection.

On the other hand, a UPSbrings second-level protection against surges. A primary surge protectiondevice regulates incoming voltage continuously and gives an internal batterythat ensures connecting equipment continues running even if it is a blackout.

Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 6:08:34 PM
impossiblegame

Reply  Re: What to install UPS or a surge suppressor? Flag »  Reply »
I agree with you! As for any electrical appliance, I put safety first, then I wish I could use it whenever I want! So Orsuppressors and Ups are a perfect combination!
  Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 10:49:51 PM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Education » What to install UPS or a surge suppressor?

» Reply to What to install UPS or a surge suppressor? Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.