PCB design/fabrication quote - online or offline? 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » PCB design/fabrication quote - online or offline?

Name Message
DUFFY

Topic  PCB design/fabrication quote - online or offline?       Flag »  Reply »
For those who have tried getting online quotes from PCB vendors (i.e. for design or fabrication),
may I know your feedback from doing this?
I personally have not tried sending a request for quote on the PCB vendor’s website but I am interested though quite hesistant in this process. I usually send a request for quotation directly to the vendor thru email. I’m just curious on getting quotes online.
What are the pro’s and con’s of this process?

Monday, June 22, 2020 at 4:09:23 AM
ROBINSON

Reply  Re: PCB design/fabrication quote - online or offline? Flag »  Reply »
Due to the traditional aspect of using green pigments, R&D into making better solder mask oils focused on the standard green color. The actual chemical pigments used influence the performance of the resin during application and in the field. When demand is pushing form factors to their limits, no one cares about having pink boards. As a result, green solder mask now has superior properties compared to other aesthetically orientated colors.

Monday, June 22, 2020 at 4:09:42 AM
RUIZ

Most prominently, commercial green solder mask is the only available color that can reliably produce solder mask dams of 0.1mm (4mil). Next up is red, yellow and blue that can produce 0.12mm dams and then black and white which can only achieve 0.15mm. Solder mask dams are vital for ICs and fine pitch components since they are valuable in preventing solder bridges from forming.

Monday, June 22, 2020 at 4:10:00 AM
DALTON

The circuit board is removed for curing, and the next board goes under the mesh. But hey, hold on, I want another solder mask color. Well, then you have to remove the excess solder mask oil and wash the silkscreen before applying the new color. Otherwise, a silkscreen station is needed for each color. Furthermore, for white or lighter solder mask shades, you’ll also need another station for the black silkscreen ink. Then, if you find that one color is not particularly popular, the chemicals will be wasted and efficiency will be impaired.

Monday, June 22, 2020 at 4:10:12 AM
DUFFY

The board is covered with photo-resist. This is a soft, photo-sensitive material. The copper film is placed over the board, aligned with the drills and the board is exposed to UV light. The unexposed areas of resist are removed by passing the boards through a developer solution leaving the copper track\pad pattern visible on the board.

Monday, June 22, 2020 at 4:10:24 AM
ROBINSON

The Epilog FiberMark 24 is a professional Fiber laser system with a hefty 610 x 305 mm engraving area, industrial-grade components, and a variety of features. According to Epilog, this machine is its first laser marking system to offer a flying-optic fiber laser system, an approach where the workpiece remains stationary and the mirrors are moved across the X and Y axes. Since the motors are always moving a fixed mass, the laser system is ultimately easier to predict and control.

Monday, June 22, 2020 at 4:10:31 AM
DALTON

There are many reasons for using flexible printed circuit boards as a means of interconnecting electronic devices. In some cases, when the resistance of flex circuit to dynamic loads is required, the use of flex circuits is obvious. At least in this they have no alternative. Much more than other areas of use of flexible circuits in which they help solve the problems of compaction of the hardware layout.

Check this link right here now www.pcbonline.com/blog
  Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 3:15:59 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » PCB design/fabrication quote - online or offline?

» Reply to PCB design/fabrication quote - online or offline? Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.