Easyclip magnetic sunglasses 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » Easyclip magnetic sunglasses

Name Message
DUFFY

Topic  Easyclip magnetic sunglasses       Flag »  Reply »
I and some of my friends have older eyes, wear glasses, and still need more help seeing small tippets and tying on size 20 flies. Can anyone suggest which magnetic sunglasses or attachment might be best for someone who already wears glasses?
  Monday, January 13, 2020 at 4:02:07 AM
RUIZ

Reply  Re: Easyclip magnetic sunglasses Flag »  Reply »
Unlike other responders so far, I prefer clip ones tat her than the hat mounted magnifiers. I tried both, but as a long time wearer of bifocals could not bet used to looking up rather than down for closer work. If you aren’t a bifocal guy you might have no problem adapting. I found mine by going to Amazon and doing a search for magnifier glasses. The other answer would be to find a 20 year old girlfriend who would like to tie knots for you. My wife vetoed that idea.
  Monday, January 13, 2020 at 4:04:35 AM
disruptivetalk

It looks like HatEyes is the preferred product. Questions...

I already wear glasses and even prescription sunglasses. Do you think the HatEyes will work in this scenario?

I tried Googling some photos and video reviews, but didn't find this one. Do the HatEyes easily fold up under the bill of your hat or stick out from under it? I guess my concern would be, if they stick out, having the lenses act like a magnifying glass in the sun and burn something.
  Monday, January 13, 2020 at 4:04:56 AM
DALTON

I have three different hat mounted focals and prefer the plastic flip focal with the pin and clip. They are lighter than the metal ones and work better for soft brim hats. I get extra pins and snaps from my gf earring stash. I have mine on the back of my hat and rotate the hat around when needed. 
  Monday, January 13, 2020 at 4:05:19 AM
LEEMARTIN

I do not wear bifocals but mild Rx distance correction. Regrettably as I've aged my Rx has become different from my right to left eye and my distance vison is improving and my long perfect close up vison slowly deteriorating, ugh. I wear two pairs of polarized Rx shades, both glass not plastic, Smiths in Amber in the morning, evening or cloud cover and Costa Copper in the bright...both excellent. Now I'm planning on having Walmart make me Rx close ups with my differing Rx for each lens. I'll want them small to easily fit in an upper vest pocket for easy enough access but I'll need to remove my sunglasses (hanging on a retainer) to use them. Ugh again.
  Monday, January 13, 2020 at 4:05:55 AM
disruptivetalk

An obvious but imperfect solution to ts47 and s&s's problem would be Rx sunglasses with a progressive lens. Imperfect because they are mega expensive and having a full time multifocal means the reader is always there, even when it is in your way when you are trying to see your footing when wading.
  Monday, January 13, 2020 at 4:06:08 AM
ROBINSON

I wear progressives- polarized sunglasses and dailies. The sunglasses most often when I'm fishing. The Hat eyes not only flip up under my hat, they slide along the metal frame, so you can position them at the right focal length. That's what makes them stand out. Bring a hat to the fly shop, and put on your sunglasses- then tie a fly while trying the different powers they offer. You can really dial them in. They're a godsend. I would definitely recommend check it out my favorite magnetic sunglasses go there now.
  Monday, January 13, 2020 at 4:13:08 AM
jonsmaradona

So it seems like HatEyes MagEyes - head-mounted, clip-on and posture corrector device. was the most frequently mentioned brand. They do flip up under the brim of your hat (no sun through a magnifying glass effect) and, because they slide forward and back are better at giving proper focus, do work with glasses and may work better than the Flip Focal does. Though the Flip Focal is a little less expensive.

The other popular suggestion was readers. My local discount warehouse sells a 4 pack of readers for $22. After poking around Amazon, it looks like soft and hard cases to store them in can be had very inexpensively.

The next suggestion that appeals to me is the Clic ClicMagneticGlasses.com FREE Shipping on Clic Readers & Sunglasses glasses with the magnetic bridge that separates in front for easy on and off. They come in a variety of styles from solid magnifiers, to bifocals, and sun glasses.

The last is the Carson Clip and Flip that attach directly to your glasses. Clip and Flip™ - Carson

Thanks for all the help and suggestions! I guess I have got some shopping to do.

Monday, January 13, 2020 at 4:14:08 AM
RUIZ

I have been using the clip on flip focals for about 18 years. I carry them in a vest pocket when fly fishing and have several pairs in my desk when tying. I had cataract surgery back in June of 2018 which vastly improved my vision and sensitivity to color and light. However, I still have to wear progressive glasses. I picked up a pair of these slim vision readers when I was at Blue Ribbon Flies in the Fall of 2017 and will also carry them on the water as well as the clip flips.

Monday, January 13, 2020 at 4:15:13 AM
ThomasMore

This framework has one unquestionable basic which is, starting late referenced, joining enthusiastic and quantitative research can be tricky considering the way that the two are different as for plan and approach Article Of The Week.
  Friday, March 6, 2020 at 12:23:02 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » Easyclip magnetic sunglasses

» Reply to Easyclip magnetic sunglasses Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.