Aircon Servicing Singapore >> Cheap AC Cleaning & Repair ... 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » Aircon Servicing Singapore >> Cheap AC Cleaning & Repair ...

Name Message
DUFFY

Topic  Aircon Servicing Singapore >> Cheap AC Cleaning & Repair ...       Flag »  Reply »
Hi,

My aircon seems to have this "krroooo" sound. However, its still cold. Only the irritating sound. Its not loud but bothering me. Anyone knows the problem?
Actually, this "krroooo" sound came after sending my car for servicing recently. Before that, the aircon has no sound.

Anyway, I called up a aircon shop and asked for a quote on aircon servicing, but he told me if I never change/service on my aircon before, there is no need to service and just change aircon filter?
  Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 2:48:22 AM
ROBINSON

Reply  Re: Aircon Servicing Singapore >> Cheap AC Cleaning & Repair ... Flag »  Reply »
most will ask u no spoil dont repair.. even my regular ws said the same time.

i actually went over to mark cool due to "additional noise", it turn out compressor issue.. it also mess up another component, end up changing 2 items.. but just half a day of job, no complaint..

are car owner really have to keep listening to the unusual noise. may just be the start of new component failing..

Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 2:49:28 AM
RUIZ

Reply  Re: Aircon Servicing Singapore >> Cheap AC Cleaning & Repair ... Flag »  Reply »
My filter nearing over 15k prev looks clogged. The air pressure low. When remove to see, visibly clogged. Changed liao, signifigantly improved air flow. Do charcoal filters last longer? Higher flow?

On aircon coil was told that for modern veheciles, its uber labour intensive. For my Getz even had to remove steering wheel and stuff & countless screws just to gain access to it. Unlike older cars 80s-90s era, by removing the driver seat, work is quite convenient already. Thats the shortcoming for the compact looking front w short front overhang. Trend of current vehicle design.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 2:49:50 AM
DALTON

Yep, left the car at 5pm, & ready fo collection at 2pm. Boss said he only do these type of stuff in the evening & OT himself so that hes not interrupted. Else, too many things to dismantle, if get interrupted, prone to error. Unless not in rush then will be at 2 full days.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 2:50:09 AM
disruptivetalk

Quite simple to diy replace the filter.

To access the filter, remove two side rubber stoppers on the glove box and lower it all the way.

There's a wire cable running across the filter box cover which you have to remove, plus maybe some other wires.

This cable has to be installed correctly back into the metal clip, bcuz it pulls the flap closed when you move the lever to "fresh" or "recirculate", otherwise, if it's not closed completely, you will smell "exhaust" coming into your car.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 2:50:22 AM
DUFFY

Here goes: I am driving a 2008 Mitsubishi Colt. Aircon has never been repaired before as it never broke down. Recently the aircon would stop working when I am stationary for extended period - eg. waiting in a long queue to enter busy shopping ctr carpark. This apparently occurs when the engine compartment temperature is high as it has also stopped working during a couple of hot afternoons in crawling traffic.

Normal daily driving no problems at all, aircon would be super cold even though i set it to 24C. It seems that as long as I get air-flow into the engine compartment then aircon would happily work without hiccups. Once car stops moving then problem comes...

Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 2:50:43 AM
jonsmaradona

Airecontrol is a TrustSG accredited and BCA Registered company that guarantees our customers top-quality aircon servicing & repair. We offer a  90-day warranty on all of our services.  Our team of experienced professionals are able to handle any aircon servicing and repair enquiries. Check this link right here https://www.airecontrol.com
  Saturday, February 29, 2020 at 2:25:32 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » Aircon Servicing Singapore >> Cheap AC Cleaning & Repair ...

» Reply to Aircon Servicing Singapore >> Cheap AC Cleaning & Repair ... Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.