Water Resources Research 

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Water Resources Research

Name Message
princywilliam

Topic  Water Resources Research       Flag »  Reply »
I chose to allocate most of my fictional funds Final Survival Plan E-book Review towards preparedness relating to weather conditions. Now don't get me wrong, I fully believe that during last winter's blizzard the state dealt with the crisis in a very commendable manner. Unfortunately, in regards to preparations the state of Delaware has managed to avoided hurricanes for many years now and our luck has to end soon. We can not allow compliance to take over from reasoning.

The State of Delaware is one of three states located on the Delmarva Peninsula. The state has the Atlantic Ocean on its eastern side and the Chesapeake Bay on the west. Being located on a Peninsula, evacuation becomes a risky venture. Add to that the limited experience which the state has in evacuating its citizens and we are at a serious standstill.

In 2005, the Army Corp of Engineers completed a Delaware Hurricane Evacuation report which estimated that during an evacuation there would be approximately 115,000 vehicles leaving the state. Given a category one hurricane the state would take from 12 to 24 hours to evacuate only the most critical locations.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 5:13:40 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Water Resources Research

» Reply to Water Resources Research Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.