Top 15 Pet Gate FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) When Buying a Pet Gate 

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Top 15 Pet Gate FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) When Buying a Pet Gate

Name Message
Digital_Zone

Topic  Top 15 Pet Gate FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) When Buying a Pet Gate       Flag »  Reply »

Everyone that's in the market to buy a pet gate starts to quickly accumulate a list of questions about all the different types of gates. Sometimes the questions can get to be too much. So here's a list of those questions and some answer to help you decide what you need to do.

1. What are the measurements of each style of gate?

2. Are there gates that open wider than 72 inches?

3. Can any style of gate be used at the top of a staircase and be mounted to the spindles? They all look like they can.

The only gates that should be used at the top of a staircase are designated as a "Stairway Gate. These gates have special hardware or mounting cups for correct installation..Poorten This will often include special hinges so that it can only open one way. The gate should never be allowed to open over the stairs! This is an extreme safety hazard.

4. Do all the styles of gates come in multiple styles and colors?

5. My dog chews everything. What Pet gate should I buy?

6. What if there is a baseboard in the way?

7. Can I mount a gate to drywall without any wood trim?

You can but it is important that you find a wooden stud located behind the drywall so you have a good mounting surface for any bracket screws you may need to use.

8. There is a slight angle where I intend on installing the gate. What do I do now?

Using a gate that either has or can use an "Angle-Mount" hardware kit is just the thing. This kit is designed specifically for this purpose.

9. What does "JPMA Certified" mean?

10. I have a big pet an a small one. Do any gates have a door so the little one can pass through?

11. I want to use my gates in several rooms but the door frames are different widths. Do I need specially sized gates for each on?

12. I'm pretty much all thumbs. Are these gates easy to install in my house?

13. These extension panels, what are they for?

14. I see all these different gates but I don't want to climb over them. What gate should I use?

15. What about safety considerations? Are there any I need to be aware of?

I suggest you read a listing of PET GATE SAFETY FACTS for answers to your questions.

The Pet Gate Shop showcases 14 styles and manufacturers of Pet Gates and Pet Gate related products. Get information, a glossary of pet gate terms, product features, articles and safety facts you need to make an informed decision. Thanks for reading!

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 7:18:48 AM
BentleeWeiss

Reply  Re: Top 15 Pet Gate FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) When Buying a Pet Gate Flag »  Reply »
 I am not worried about installing a gate for my cats right now but I want to know that can cats eat fruit. I have seen so many people who have been giving them fruit every day.
  Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 6:50:37 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Top 15 Pet Gate FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) When Buying a Pet Gate

» Reply to Top 15 Pet Gate FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) When Buying a Pet Gate Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.