The Trouble With the Rat Race 

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » The Trouble With the Rat Race

Name Message
princywilliam

Topic  The Trouble With the Rat Race       Flag »  Reply »
In one way or another, it is through these Goals Mastery Review networks that small-scale interaction becomes translated into large-scale patterns, and that these, in turn, feed back into small groups." In other words, a business owner may know one person that can give them information to resources that they need or can give them a contact of someone else who can help them. Thus, getting help from others is an important addition to the success of a business. Reaching out to others that you have close relationships or just acquaintances can grow the chances of a successful business.

In my own experience as a new business owner I have learned many things within one year. Social ties are a powerful way in getting the resources one needs in growing a business. I have a successful mentor/leader that has more experience and has a large professional network. Every time my mentor knows of something that I don't, she will tell me. If she goes to a workshop, she will invite me. I have met people in these workshops and have made relationships from participating in these workshops. 

If I would not meet my mentor, then I wouldn't have gotten as much get as I have. According to Susan R. Komives, Associate Professor and Director of the College Student Personnel Graduate program at the University of Maryland, claims that "Networks are important because they provide a chance to bring a wide range of individuals." In other words, you know a variety of people with information that you do not have. Therefore, in my own experience I feel that networks are a powerful tool to make a business stronger. 
Business needs help and guidance from outside sources, if they want to increase their chances for success.

Monday, January 7, 2019 at 4:55:26 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » The Trouble With the Rat Race

» Reply to The Trouble With the Rat Race Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.