The Science of Getting Rich is Through Lateral Thinking 

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » The Science of Getting Rich is Through Lateral Thinking

Name Message
goldstone

Topic  The Science of Getting Rich is Through Lateral Thinking       Flag »  Reply »
That is what the teleconference  Becoming Limitless Review  was about: What we must do to be successful in today's economic climate. In the 60 minute conference, the moderator listed the 5 most important actions we must take if we want to continue to thrive over the next 12 months.As I list them here, I'm sure you'll say "Well, that's nothing new." But for many of the people who were listening, it was like he was unrolling the Dead Sea scrolls and reading a secret that had been lost for thousands of years.The five areas were: focus, determination, cooperation, collaboration and enthusiasm.

Focus. Man, this is the area where I needed the most help. It's nothing uncommon to see me with 5 or 6 projects on the go, run out of my socks and too frustrated to see any of them through to the highest standard that they should be. As a result, I would lose steam, lose patience and ultimately lose enthusiasm. The thing is, I knew it already, I just forgot how important it was. A guy I used to work with told me once that a pilot could only land one plane at a time, and it should be his most important focus at the time. This year, I will relearn how to focus.

Determination. This one I'm a pro at... to the point of being anal. I am determined to the point of being stubborn and not listening to reason when I should be re-examining my next steps. I know that it's frustrating to others when they see a better way and the other person isn't listening because they're too determined to see their original idea come to life. But it goes without saying that if we are not determined, its way too easy to allow things to fall through the cracks.

Cooperation. We do not live in a vacuum anymore. The days of the "lone wolf" are rapidly becoming the stuff of history. The workplace is plagues with people who are trying to "protect their job" by holding on to information and practices that few other people know. This way, they will always be needed. I saw a company go through some very tough times recently because a couple of people who wanted to protect their jobs, actually left the company, and the rest of them didn't have a clue as to what to do. We must share ideas, we must share thoughts and we must work in the very spirit of teamwork.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 5:50:06 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » The Science of Getting Rich is Through Lateral Thinking

» Reply to The Science of Getting Rich is Through Lateral Thinking Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.