Give Yourself Time to Grieve 

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Give Yourself Time to Grieve

Name Message
Syreetachen

Topic  Give Yourself Time to Grieve       Flag »  Reply »
Don't expect advice on whether you should end your relationship,  Memory Plus Program have a trial separation or expect the counselor to tell you what to do to "fix" your problem. Counseling is an opportunity for you to gain a deeper understanding of your own and your partners process, learn effective ways to communicate with your particular partner which leads to a much deeper feeling of connectedness and closeness.

The Reality: Many people have said they were anxious that I might take their partner's side, or were secretly hoping I would take their side. Actually couple counselors take the view that it is the relationship who is in therapy! I treat both partners equally,because I am on the side of your relationship.

We tried counseling before and it didn't help The Reality: Marriage Counseling or indeed individual counseling may not have "worked" for you before, but that does not mean to say it won't help a second or even third time around with a different counselor. There really isn't a "one size fits all" with talking therapies. Counselors and therapists use different approaches and different counseling styles or ways of working. It really is a matter of shopping around for some-one you feel comfortable with. Also, remember, you may not have been ready for counseling the first time round.

Monday, April 12, 2021 at 12:09:23 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Give Yourself Time to Grieve

» Reply to Give Yourself Time to Grieve Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.