Gambling and Taking a Risk - Do You Know the Difference? 

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Gambling and Taking a Risk - Do You Know the Difference?

Name Message
isbellaisla

Topic  Gambling and Taking a Risk - Do You Know the Difference?       Flag »  Reply »
Hence, knowing this, we need to ensure that we practice a fierce concentration regime, where we are disciplined and determined to remain dedicated to a specific task at a time. I know it is very easy to say, and harder to put into practice. However, by focusing on a given task like a concentrated beam of light starting a fire, aim and concentrate your thoughts andNo-BS Manifesting Course activities on a given task at a time.

You will find that you achieve much more, in less time, and feel more productive at the end of the day as well. I used to regularly schedule so many things, all on the one day, telling myself I will get them all done. Now, this can work if you start a task and then finish it, before starting the next one and so on. However, the reality is that I sometimes did a little of one task, then a little of another, and so on. The end result was a lot of time switching between tasks, and realigning my thinking as well. I ended up being much less efficient, as well as less accomplished at the end of the day.

Success at nearly anything requires a great deal of effort. One study showed that it typically takes 10,000 hours of effort to achieve mastery in any area of human activity. We all have a limited amount of time to devote to any activity, even if it is aimed at mastery and success.

The Pareto Principle - Focusing on What Counts

Your time can most effectively be used to attain success and to develop mastery if you focus your time and effort on what counts most. To understand this you must apply what is called the Pareto Principle, or the 80/20 rule. This principle is that you will achieve 80% return on about 20% of what you do. This is because many things we do bring little relative return. Everyone is required to do a lot of busy work that brings little in return.

The key then to maximizing your effectiveness then is to focus your time and effort on the 20% of the activities that will bring you 80% of the return. To do this you need to carefully observe and record the return on what you do. One way to do this is to track your activity over a period of two or three weeks. Keep track of every minute you are engaged in any activity and record how much time you spend. Go back at the end of the recording period and observe how much return you achieved on each activity.
  Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 12:00:43 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Gambling and Taking a Risk - Do You Know the Difference?

» Reply to Gambling and Taking a Risk - Do You Know the Difference? Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.