Daydream Your Way to Success 

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Daydream Your Way to Success

Name Message
goldstone

Topic  Daydream Your Way to Success       Flag »  Reply »
For many years, I wanted to Quantum Manifestation Code Review do something else in life - only I did not know what that was. If you can't do what you love, you might as well love what you do. I adopted this motto at work. I was in the IT industry for twelve years and enjoyed my work, well, almost.But deep down, there was a restlessness, a gnawing. It finally grew and grew until I was desperate to leave my job. This was less than two years ago. Not wishing to leave a paying job and not knowing what to do next, I spent months battling my fears, feeling helpless and clueless. Fears. What fears, you might want to know. Fear of moving out of the comfort zone. Fear of stepping into the unknown. Fear of not following my heart. Fear of non-acceptance. Fear of failure. Fear of success. Fear of stagnating. Fear of missing out on opportunities. Fear of financial insecurity. Fear of being ordinary. Fear of not living up to my potential. All kinds of fears. If they didn't exist, I would make them up. I would defend them with logic and reasons. I complained and I whined - I didn't have enough skills, I didn't have any talents, I made the wrong career choices, I had wasted my life, life held no opportunities for me... and so on. I played the role of a tragedy queen to perfection! In short, not only did I drive myself crazy, I drove my husband totally nuts. Poor guy! One day, before leaving for work, he scolded me for wallowing in self-pity and negativity. He had had enough. And so had I. I remember walking up to my computer determined to make a decision. I asked the Universe to show me the way. I started browsing the internet aimlessly and I came across an article. I don't remember much of what it was all about but a sentence caught my eye - "Make your decisions based on love, not on fear". It hit me like a "speeding train", as a friend would put it. At that moment, that was all that I needed. I realized how ridiculous my fears were and how silly I was being.And I decided that I was not going to make my decisions based on fear anymore. If I believed in the Universe, in a higher power, then what am I afraid of? I can't be afraid and believe in a Higher Power at the same time. They just don't go together. I decided to quit. After I had made my decision, I went back to check who the author of the article was. It was a Life Coach. Coaching? How come I forgot all about it, I thought? Three years earlier, I had stumbled upon coaching and I was very interested in it. A personal tragedy made me forget all about it. But it re-entered my life again, and this time I was ready for it. It wasn't until I had made my decision to move forward without fear, that the universe showed me the way - or putting it differently - that I was able to see the opportunities in front of me. (Ultimately, the power within you or the Higher Power - they are all the same - you got to trust one or the other or both!)

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 7:03:09 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Daydream Your Way to Success

» Reply to Daydream Your Way to Success Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.