Craziness and Logic - Free Report 

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Craziness and Logic - Free Report

Name Message
rosariawetzell

Topic  Craziness and Logic - Free Report       Flag »  Reply »
What is movie therapy? Also known as Meridian Health Protocol Review cinema therapy and reel therapy, movie therapy is described as therapy for the mind where a person views certain films under the supervision of a mental health therapist to help treat mental and emotional conditions. According to Birgit Wolz, an Oakland, California psychotherapist, a movie can help to shed new light on a dilemma in many ways.

So how can movie therapy work at home for the average person who is not under psychotherapy? Watching a movie that parallels a person's current predicament can help the individual cope with the situation. For example, the loss of a loved one might leave a person very sad but unable to cry. A movie that deals with the loss of a loved one such as "The Bridges of Madison County" might trigger the tears that are needed to help the person deal with the loss and start the healing process.

Sometimes only a segment of the movie is helpful. For example, I have always had trouble with public speaking. Two movies that I have found to be helpful with public speaking are "Video Voyeur: The Susan Wilson Story" and "Legally Blonde." These movies have parts where the leading character is doing public speaking. By seeing how calm and assured the characters are when giving their speeches, I have been able to slow down, concentrate, and give better public presentations.

Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 1:33:28 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Craziness and Logic - Free Report

» Reply to Craziness and Logic - Free Report Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.