Conquer Your Fear of Flight  

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Conquer Your Fear of Flight

Name Message
danielkamesh

Topic  Conquer Your Fear of Flight       Flag »  Reply »

when you sit at home and  Arctic Blast when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." (Deuteronomy 11:19) Sometimes, we sat around the dining room table for hours, talking until it was dark as my children begged, "Mama, tell us another God Story!" How they loved those stories. So I grew from being a Sunday school teacher and went on to become a Bible study leader and occasional guest speaker. As I taught my children, I found that I had everything I needed living inside me. All of that grew from that brief conversation I had with God. He used my predicament to reveal in me a talent, a gift that I didn't even know I had. It had yet to be revealed. But it was in me, help was in me, all along.

The point I want to make is that the Holy Ghost (or some like to say intuition) is your teacher. He will reveal things to you - you just need to listen to that inner voice. That Counselor is in you - therefore, you are already equipped to do a lot of things you may think you are unable to do. Sometimes you are the answer to your own problem! He has empowered you. That means you are not as helpless as you think. I personally believe in my own power to change my life. I'm not one to lie down and let things happen. I am willing take my own life in my hands and make it better but even still, I need help. I need guidance. And I get it. I ask for it early and often! A friend once said to me, "You have such wisdom about you - where does that come from?" I could only answer, "From God."

When I was going through my divorce, my mother was afraid for me. The newspapers were filled with reports of women who were found dead at the hands of their ex-husband or lover. My mother, even though she never knew my ex to be violent like that, believed him to be a jealous man. She thought my leaving him might trigger an episode of "I'll kill you before I let you leave me!" rage. At the time, I laughed at her fear. But emotions were running high - it had the potential to end badly. Still, things somehow worked out okay. Afterwards, my mom wondered how I ended things without violence. My explanation? I just knew. Can't tell you how - there was just something in me, guiding me, telling me how to extricate myself. I trusted that voice and it made my path smooth. Not less painful, mind you. It was still painful. And the divorce was far from amicable - too many hard feelings. But it didn't end in bloodshed and I count that as a major achievement.

I wanted to buy a house and so I did. Simple, right? Then my friends said to me, "How did you manage that?" Well, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to be able to do it. My sister commented, "I don't know anyone who gets a divorce and is better off!" While not grand, my present house is in a better neighborhood and bigger than my last home that I shared with my ex. I realized then that this, too, was nothing short of miraculous. Again, how did it happen? I can only say His presence was there with me every step of the way, guiding me. God wouldn't let me fail.
  Friday, April 26, 2019 at 1:12:48 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » Conquer Your Fear of Flight

» Reply to Conquer Your Fear of Flight Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.