7 Main Reasons Why We Die of Heart Attacks 

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » 7 Main Reasons Why We Die of Heart Attacks

Name Message
Syreetachen

Topic  7 Main Reasons Why We Die of Heart Attacks       Flag »  Reply »
Without a warning in the world, my The Oxidized Cholesterol Strategy  heart decided that it no longer wanted to conduct the impulses that keep it beating. I had never had any heart problems in the past and at the time of my last physical (less than a year) I was in perfect health. But, abruptly, my heart rate slowed to 40 beats per minute, the normal being 60 - 80 beats per minute. I began to feel faint and tired. When I went to my doctor, it was discovered that I had what, in medical terms, they call second degree AV block. My doctor immediately shipped me off to the hospital by ambulance.

During my stay in the hospital, I was observed for several days and given antibiotics in hopes that my condition resulted from a possible infection with Lyme disease. After three days, my heart rate was down to a consistent 21 beats per minute, I was now in complete heart block, and it was decided that a pacemaker implant was necessary. At the age of 53, I was about to begin a new life...one that ran on batteries.

The day of the surgery, everything went well, and I was discharged to home the next day. At first, I was just plain glad to be home. But then, something happened. I began to think about how my life had changed, and what it could possibly mean for the future. I was always an active person...working full time as a scientist, running a rock-n-roll cover band that performed on the weekends, exercising 4 times per week, being an avid writer, romping with the dog, etc. I wondered if this was all going to slip away now because my heart beat on an artificial machine that was buried under my skin.

Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 12:53:26 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » General Surveying » 7 Main Reasons Why We Die of Heart Attacks

» Reply to 7 Main Reasons Why We Die of Heart Attacks Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.