Common Questions related to LED lights 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Education » Common Questions related to LED lights

Name Message
bolobala

Topic  Common Questions related to LED lights       Flag »  Reply »

Do LED lights produce heat? LED lighting do not produce heat as compared to the old incandescent bulbs. Older bulbs produce much heat because they require heat in order to produce light. Such as they have filament inside them which needs to get hot to emit light. In this way most of the energy they consume is wasted in the production of heat. But in the case of LED lights, they produce light by the emission of photons when some electric current passes through the semiconductor material. They do not require heat in production of light therefore the heat emission is much less.

Are LED lights efficient? LED lights are highly efficient as compared to the conventional yellow light bulbs. Efficiency of these lights are measured by how much energy is converted into the production of light from the total of given energy. As we discussed, LED lights do not produce heat and the light they produce is due to the passage of current through semiconductor material, hence most of the energy is converted into light and very little energy is wasted in this process. And according to the facts, Street LED lights are upto 80 percent efficient. This means that 80 percent of the total energy given is converted into light. How good is that? 

Monday, June 28, 2021 at 3:32:16 AM
lunask

Reply  Re: Common Questions related to LED lights Flag »  Reply »
I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. Iron Man Lampe
  Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 11:41:48 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Education » Common Questions related to LED lights

» Reply to Common Questions related to LED lights Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.