mass diagram help for a flume/water regulation mechanism 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » mass diagram help for a flume/water regulation mechanism

Name Message
skithebigsky0820
Posts: 1

Joined: 5/30/2013
Topic  mass diagram help for a flume/water regulation mechanism       Flag »  Reply »
I am working on a flume shown below in the link, and I was just doing the mass diagram for it for earth work calculations, I am used to doing them for roads so I am a little confused with this particular one, its going to be used as a water regulation device, and has a level surface for the inlet and outlet with a 2:1 slope on both sides of the structure. it seems a little trickier because it is not strait like most highways I have done mass diagrams for, so I was thinking about using the elevations with the plan view, and using different stations in the converging section, throat section, and the diverging section.

I was also wondering if all roads lead to rome, and if I could just setup a mass diagram of the profile shown below and instead of setting up stations and doing separate area calculations I could just do one area calculation along the entire width of the structure

or I was thinking maybe I could just perform the calculation for the area with the 2:1 slope on the inlet/outlet, and calculate that along the entire distance of the flume, which would hopefully be close enough of a volume calculation to what its suppose to be. so if you could get back to me as soon as possible on this, that would be great, thank you

LINK TO SIMILAR FLUME DESIGN:
http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hydraulics_lab/pubs/wmm/fig/F08_09AL.GIF
  Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 10:04:27 PM
BentleeWeiss
Posts: 261

Joined: 8/24/2019
Reply  Re: mass diagram help for a flume/water regulation mechanism Flag »  Reply »
Dewatering not merely saves on water but will significantly reduce the quantity of waste to be discarded; reducing haulage transportation costs, time and labour providing the customer a standard lowering of disposal costs. Like, a customer has 100 a great deal of liquid waste to dump, off site, that typically only 10% might be solid material with the remaining 90% filtrate. With the use of mobile dewatering equipment 90 a great deal of filtrate may be recycled back once again to plant, rather than transporting 100 a great deal of liquid off siteĀ https://ekoton-corp.com/ekoproducts_cats/screening-treatment.
  Thursday, July 8, 2021 at 1:17:37 PM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » mass diagram help for a flume/water regulation mechanism

 
» Reply to mass diagram help for a flume/water regulation mechanism Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.