The parts list is gathered from all the sources I found 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » The parts list is gathered from all the sources I found

Name Message
tseanala

Topic  The parts list is gathered from all the sources I found       Flag »  Reply »
I took it to a tire center and asked for a second opinion at fiverbrakebooster.com. They also said that the rear brakes were worn down to almost nothing and were making a mark on the rotors. I asked them why, and they said that front and rear wear fairly evenly. When I asked if they wear evenly, why are the front at 80 percent and the rear down to nothing, they said that the manufacturer chooses to put very thick pads on the front and relatively thin pads on the rear.

The disc brake conversion instructions are complied from various sources readily available online and parts I purchased. I took the time to bring them altogether and a few things I learned while assembling the parts. While you are reading these instructions you will find two options for actuating the disc brakes; power and manual. By adding the brake booster it will allow for easier effort. However, it may not be feasible due to a lack of enough engine vacuum to properly assist them. I chose a basic kit consisting of the brackets, bracket spacers, and hardware to attach them to my existing spindles. Try to find a kit that does not use inner bearing spacers as commonly found with some of the cheaper kits. The parts list is gathered from all the sources I found/remember. You’ll notice it is listed by year/make, vendor part #, and quantity. It may take a little research to find them if you don’t opt to buy a full kit. You’ll also notice that full kits are cheaper to buy then the list of parts below but cost more initially out of pocket. From my personal experience buying a little at a time will allow for you to take your time and not rush the installation process.

Remove your old wheel and brake drum. Remove the brake hardware and hose. The only items needed for the installation of the disc brake kit is the stock bearing retainer nut, nut lock, and washer.

Notice the nut and washer at the end of the spindle of the second picture for power brake booster supplier. The nut and washer are located under the grease cap along with the nut retaining lock and cotter key. Once all the hardware is off, clean and inspect the spindle bearing surfaces and seal flange. Also clean and inspect the axle pivot lugs and king pin for wear. What better time to find the need to replace the spindle or king pins then now.
  Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 3:17:54 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » The parts list is gathered from all the sources I found

» Reply to The parts list is gathered from all the sources I found Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.