The Best Mobile Internet Review 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » The Best Mobile Internet Review

Name Message
DUFFY

Topic  The Best Mobile Internet Review       Flag »  Reply »
We’re old enough to remember a time when the internet didn’t exist. Back then, we got along just fine without it but now, we’d be lost if we weren’t continuously connected to the world wide web. In fact, we’d be more than lost, we’d be unemployed and you wouldn’t have had the chance to read this awesome Travel Wifi review ??

So yeah, we rely heavily on having a good internet connection so that we can work on both of our online businesses and communicate with our friends and family across the world. When living back in the UK, getting a good internet connection wasn’t a problem, the UK is known for its super fast wifi connections. But when travelling the world, which for us has been the case for the past 18 months, it’s nowhere near as easy.

Friday, May 8, 2020 at 4:19:57 PM
ROBINSON

Reply  Re: The Best Mobile Internet Review Flag »  Reply »
You should be able to find Internet cafes throughout your travels. If you have a laptop many hotels provide WIFI, some provide it free others make a charge. If taking a laptop make sure it has a fitted modem. Many cafes around the world also provide internet connections for the price of a coffee. 
  Friday, May 8, 2020 at 4:22:54 PM
disruptivetalk

I'd advise you to be adaptable. I've taken a notebook (more recently, a netbook) along on foreign travels and ended up using internet cafes or pay-per-hour PCs in hotel lobbies to access the internet instead of my own machine. Either I didn't have time to mess about to get the hotel's WiFi to work, or the cost was ridiculous, or they didn't offer anything but use of their own setup.
  Friday, May 8, 2020 at 4:23:02 PM
RUIZ

Many US motel/hotel chains aimed at budget travelers offer free WiFi to their guests (Hampton Inn, etc.). But higher-end hotels (such as Hyatt, Sheraton) may charge a serious fee for internet connectivity as they cater to higher end business travelers who can be reimbursed for the cost.

In cities across the US, many public libraries, coffee shops, bookstores and other such places have free or inexpensive WiFi.
  Friday, May 8, 2020 at 4:23:12 PM
ROBINSON

I've owned two models of Eee PC netbooks and liked them both. I don't mind toting them along as they are small, but I've learned to roll with the punches and use what's at hand for internet access, even if it means paying a modest fee at an internet cafe. I don't know about Fiji and Indonesia. I was briefly in Fiji at a resort a couple of years ago and don't remember even thinking about the internet for those few days. Hey, it was a vacation! :-)
  Friday, May 8, 2020 at 4:23:19 PM
DUFFY

Because I really don't know, although it's idle curiosity: are there hotels or other lodgings out there that still offer dialup internet access? Is that something one might encounter in particular countries or areas? Obviously if you're going to use dialup you need to be sure your portable computer has a phone line modem, either built in or external. Do phone modems work the same worldwide?

Friday, May 8, 2020 at 4:23:29 PM
jonsmaradona

It is important to load balance in the SIM card after activation. Based on the actual usage, the company will charge you on that particular balance. Once you have activated the SIM card, you can store it for one year without using it. You can charge Drimsim for another year with one transaction.

More information here 
Travel internet review
  Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 12:25:17 PM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » The Best Mobile Internet Review

» Reply to The Best Mobile Internet Review Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.