Looking for Toss Up Buckyballs 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » Looking for Toss Up Buckyballs

Name Message
DUFFY

Topic  Looking for Toss Up Buckyballs       Flag »  Reply »
I’m looking to recycle/repurpose the Toss Up Buckyballs for my robotics class. If anyone has any they would like to get rid of, please let me know. I don’t need the large inflatable balls, just the small ones. I have Sack Attack beanbags available in trade if you want them. Thanks,

Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 12:26:18 AM
ROBINSON

Reply  Re: Looking for Toss Up Buckyballs Flag »  Reply »
From your website it looks like you are in California, we might still have a lot of them, although probably not quite a full field and shipping from Boston could be expensive. If you still can’t find any, I would recommend looking here to find a local venue that hosted at least one tournament this year, and contact the event coordinator. If you are lucky you might be able to find someone who has not thrown their’s out yet.

Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 12:28:13 AM
RUIZ

I’m in Glendale, a suburb of Los Angeles in California. I’m going to use the small Buckyballs to make a different challenge for my robotics class. I just need the small Buckyballs, not the inflatables. I’d like to get 10 blue and 10 red small Buckyballs. Vexrobotics.com is selling a Toss Up Object Kit for $50, but it’s not really what I was looking for and it’s outside my budget. My “Plan B” is to make the objects I need with a 3D printer, but they may be a little too heavy and it takes about 60 minutes to print each one.

I’ll send an email to REC in Los Angeles to see what they plan on doing with the old Toss Up field objects.
  Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 12:28:36 AM
DALTON

A few little flecks of paint have come off, but I'm still giving them 5 stars for how much fun they are. I bought them in two colors. When I'm making the stacks of rings that will be used in some crazy geometric shape, I alternate colors. This often results in one color on the outside, the other on the inside but showing through. Then for any structural reinforcements, I'll use the inside color. The effect is pretty sweet.
  Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 12:35:07 AM
disruptivetalk

We saw these at a gift shop and my 10 year old was amazed by these little magnets. I got them for her for Christmas and even my 22 year old now wants a set. They are super fun, the magnets are strong so you can make multiple combinations. Easily the magnets transform from shape to shape without loosing any due to poor magnetics. I love how they come in various colors so I was able to my daughter her favorite color. Great for someone who likes to keep their hands busy while thinking or doing homework.
  Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 12:35:32 AM
DUFFY

Love these lil magnetic balls. The paint is falling off but I fidget with them relentlessly because I’m a millennial adult who’s struggling to be a real adult and thus have anxiety like every other millennial. So the paint might not fall off if you’re still a child who gets to worry about nothing and is just playing with them after you’re finished with homework or whatever the heck you do.
  Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 12:35:44 AM
ROBINSON

I haven't opened it as it is for a gift. Seems like everything we hoped for when reading the description. I was kinda surprised at the smallness of them, but that's my fault for not comparing the advertised size with a measuring device before clicking.

Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 12:35:53 AM
jonsmaradona

Buckyballs is just as described and a lot of fun to play with. I have played with some of the other magnet toys and this one was a lot different. I use the others to tinker with while I am trying to write software, but this one takes a little more concentration. I'm not a great artist so I haven't come up with anything too exciting yet, but fun to play with and slowly add the balls and see how everything reacts.

Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 4:26:37 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » Looking for Toss Up Buckyballs

» Reply to Looking for Toss Up Buckyballs Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.