How To Tell If Your Cat Is pregnant or lost her babys 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » How To Tell If Your Cat Is pregnant or lost her babys

Name Message
DUFFY

Topic  How To Tell If Your Cat Is pregnant or lost her babys       Flag »  Reply »
Hi i have a vets appointment booked for friday but i would like to know if anyone has experienced this so i no what to expect on friday.

My cats pregnancy seemed normal up intill around 2 weeks ago her due date is 27-03sep
Around 2 weeks ago i looked at my cat an her belly looked as if it had dissappered she wasnt that big to begin with now her belly feels soft and squidgy if i lay my hand on it also i cant feel the kittens moving or their lumps anymore when the used to be quite sticky outy u could feel them when gently placing your hands on her belly they sat high up in their now i cant feel anything on wednessday i noticed a thick white/yellow disscharge comming from her lady bits only a little amount then about 10mins later a clear bloody fluid which she passed in the tray it was only the amount of dribble then yesterday i noticed she had a tiny amount of the white/yellow stuff again. Shes eating but not alot and her belly keeps making loud gurgerly sounds pleasr can somepne help or give advice her nipples are still really big and pink and she hasnt shown no signs of nessting
  Friday, December 27, 2019 at 11:56:19 PM
ROBINSON

Reply  Re: How To Tell If Your Cat Is pregnant or lost her babys Flag »  Reply »
Doesn't sound very good. I would bring the Vet's appointment earlier if it was me. I would expect you to be able to feel hard bumps if she were still pregnant. Keep an eye in case she is delivering, but I would take her to the vet to be checked tomorrow if no sign of kittens by then.
  Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 12:00:54 AM
RUIZ

Reply  Re: How To Tell If Your Cat Is pregnant or lost her babys Flag »  Reply »
Hi yes i was going to bring it forward the earliest they have is tues morn tho. She seems fin in herself puring away wanting to be with me all the time which shes been doing throught out she was sick 3 times tho today and her valve looks swollen and abit bigger?? thanks

Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 12:01:05 AM
DUFFY

U only have a small annex but ive checked everywhere she sleeps with me at night 2 and theirs been nothing on my bed shes drinking but didnt eat much yesterday and hasnt eaten 2day i was trying to get an emergancy app at the vets 2day but the only 1 that does it is miles away so i cant get to it im thinking maybe she only had 1 in their thats why i cant feel it but this would have been both mine and her first litter im going to get her spay after this as i cant do with the worry

Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 12:01:15 AM
ROBINSON

Either she had her baby?s already or she miscarried.
Cats still can look pregnant even if they had their babies.push on her belly and see if its still hard you mentioned its soft so she most likely had them .they always hide their babies & don't always have them where you wont them to have them also there are a few signs to look out for, the first being her nipples. If your cat has had babies you should be able to express milk from her nipples. The nipple area may also look wet, or have matted fur around them where kittens have been suckling as regards bleeding etc. was not too sure so looked up some info .This could be due to a number of contributing factors. It is worth noting that it is not normal to see vaginal bleeding in a cat. Female cats don't bleed when in heat like dogs do, and usually clean any blood away at first sight. If your cat is bleeding and hasn't been spayed, it could be complications from pregnancy, or a recent birth or miscarriage. It could also be pyrometra which is an infection of the uterus commonly found in female dogs, but also female cats, known as 'queens'. The disease causes the uterus to inflame and fill with pus. If left untreated this can be fatal so it is important to get your cat to the vets as soon as possible, just to be on the safe side. If she is, or has been, pregnant and given birth, It might be that the bleeding is coming from the anus rather than the vagina, and if this is the case, your cat may have an infection in one or both of the anal glands, which sit either side of the anus at approximately 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock positions. Fecal impaction, constipation and diarrhoea are the most common causes of bleeding rectal bleeding, so it could be any of these reasons. Alternatively, it could be due to other conditions such as rectal cancer, parasites and poisoning. Whatever the cause, it is not normal for this to occur and so it is advisable for you to take your cat to the vet as soon as possible.
  Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 12:01:37 AM
disruptivetalk

Hi thanks for all the info i looked up images of the mucus plug and im sure thats what went on wednes the discharges only been their scence yesterday and isnt constant with no smell. She did eat a little chicken 2day but it now acting agertated and keeps flicking her tail she now dont like me near her backend. I dont know if this sounds like contractions or not but at her backend it looks as if someone has put a slendertone on her on low shes has now just came in the sitting room and meowd an was sick im taking her to a dif vet 2moz but im worried sick also i thalt i felt a little movement so i have some hope thanks again

Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 12:01:48 AM
jonsmaradona

Cats Kingdom is such an amazing store for cat lovers and their furbabies. My cat Sarasota had a thyroid condition and the staff was so helpful in helping me pick out quality foods and treats. Staff is always willing to answer questions, help brainstorm, and help with research.  Not only do they have amazing food & treats but a great selection of cat-themed gifts. I highly recommend taking the time to check it out you won't be disappointed!
  Sunday, December 29, 2019 at 1:59:04 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » How To Tell If Your Cat Is pregnant or lost her babys

» Reply to How To Tell If Your Cat Is pregnant or lost her babys Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.