Best Countries to Open Offshore Bank Accounts  

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » Best Countries to Open Offshore Bank Accounts

Name Message
DUFFY

Topic  Best Countries to Open Offshore Bank Accounts       Flag »  Reply »
if someone who was born in el salvador but who was living as a greencard holder only in the usa, decided to legally change their entire name on their greencard, texas drivers license, el salvador passport issued at the consulate of el salvador in houston, texas, ect.......... but one day traveled back to el salvador and over there bought a house, got a government id, drivers license, ect...... but under their old name and from that point on decided to open offshore bank accounts but under that old name. the banks sent them debit cards to el salvador and from there they returned back to the united states where they are legal permanent resident. how would uncle sam discover them using these offshore bank debit cards to undeclared offshore bank accounts to a person with a different name in another country that in fact is the same person? i know that oecd, tiea, aeoi, crs, cra, fatca, whatever you wanna call it, ect............. are now sharing information on a global scale. if they were to use that debit card from an undeclared offshore bank account which fatca or anyone else know about, how might they risk getting caught eventually? can anyone please tell me.

Thank you.
  Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 6:32:18 AM
ROBINSON

Reply  Re: Best Countries to Open Offshore Bank Accounts Flag »  Reply »
I want to receive my foreign income in an offshore bank account to be exempt from the UK tax as a non-domicile resident. Which bank does open a bank account online or by visiting a branch in London? My problem is that most accounts are intended for investment, and then require a high initial deposit, but I want an account to receive money from abroad not transferring my UK money. Barclays suggested an international account, which needs £25,000 fund and I believe it is not an offshore account for the tax purpose.
  Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 6:33:38 AM
RUIZ

I want to receive my foreign income in an offshore bank account to be exempt from the UK tax as a non-domicile resident. Which bank does open a bank account online or by visiting a branch in London? My problem is that most accounts are intended for investment, and then require a high initial deposit, but I want an account to receive money from abroad not transferring my UK money. Barclays suggested an international account, which needs £25,000 fund and I believe it is not an offshore account for the tax purpose.
  Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 6:33:59 AM
DALTON

Worth noting that HSBC decided to unilaterally close any Jersey accounts not held by people resident in Jersey a few years back. Banks generally reserve the right to do this in their terms as they can decide they no longer wish to service any customers they don't want to - no indication that Lloyds are planning to do this but you should be aware that it is possible.
  Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 6:34:18 AM
DUFFY

Anybody have an info about an offshore bank account in Euros in Jersey, for example ?   I have some Euros that I would like to park there for when I am visiting Europe, using a bank card linked to the account.  I myself am resident in Asia. I'm hoping the day comes when Euros earn some interest - surely that might happen at some point. Certainly in Asia presently they earn nothing,which is apparently the case worldwide.
Brian Poster's post above looks helpful and I will try to contact Lloyds by mail or maybe a call, 
  Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 6:34:33 AM
jonsmaradona

There is no easy answer to whether you should do it yourself or pay your OSP to do it. Whatever you do, make sure you take an informed decision. Ask the OSP what banks they work with and then look into what services those banks offer to find the best offshore bank accounts for you. Consider what services you need. Do you need a credit card or is a debit card enough, if any card at all? Does the bank offer cards that you can use where you live? Can the card be used online, in a store, and/or at ATMs? Do you require multi-currency accounts? Does the bank issue loans to offshore companies? Click here to find out more easiest offshore bank account to open

Friday, March 20, 2020 at 1:52:45 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » Best Countries to Open Offshore Bank Accounts

» Reply to Best Countries to Open Offshore Bank Accounts Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.