8 Tips For The Self-Help Escape In The Home Fire 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » 8 Tips For The Self-Help Escape In The Home Fire

Name Message
muthuraji

Topic  8 Tips For The Self-Help Escape In The Home Fire       Flag »  Reply »
Every guru from Anthony Robbins to Brian Keith has at one time told the story of how Harvard University conducted a study on the class of 1957 to determine who had written goals. According to the study only 2% of the group had written goals and when they checked back 20 years later that 2% controlled 98% of the money within that group. It's a great story and it's been told and retold numerous times, but the fact of the matter is the study never took place. From one guru to the next, the story took on a life of its own. Unfortunately, much of the self-help field is filled with assumptions that have no basis in fact.I have become skeptical of everything I hear in the self-help field. So many times we find out that the things that we are being told have no basis in fact. They are simply stories that have been told so many times that they take on a life of their own. When I am looking at a program or hear a story or particular method, I attempt to see if there is any scientific basis to back up the program.
One of the current gurus is constantly pushing self-esteem as the road to success. This is another assumption that has no basis in fact. From the information that I have found, self-confidence promotes success and self-esteem is a product of success and not a cause of success. In fact, self-esteem without the consequent success does nothing more than lead to boorish behavior. Right now, all of the gurus are promoting programs to stop procrastination. Once again, they seem to be missing the big picture. Procrastination is more of a symptom of a problem than a problem itself. If you like what you are doing, it is very unlikely that you will ever procrastinate. But, if you don't like what you're doing then procrastination becomes problem. Either find a new job or you're going to have to tough it out and overcome procrastination.

Friday, December 23, 2016 at 3:42:54 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » 8 Tips For The Self-Help Escape In The Home Fire

» Reply to 8 Tips For The Self-Help Escape In The Home Fire Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.